Why make the COSTAATT choice?
COSTAATT is a community focused undergraduate institution which offers a wide variety of degree programmes in traditional and non-traditional areas. Our programmes combine theoretical and practical knowledge and skills, which aim to prepare our graduates to enter the world of work and function effectively as committed citizens of Trinidad and Tobago and beyond. The following are just some of the reasons why we feel that you should make the COSTAATT choice:
- Dedicated cadre of academic staff including lecturer-practitioners
- Student-centred approach to learning
- Holistic educational preparation aimed at developing and empowering individuals
- Support with key curriculum areas – English and mathematics
- Rich and diverse student body
- Credits accepted at local and foreign institutions
- FREE TERTIARY EDUCATION (GATE) (nationals of Trinidad and Tobago only)
Where is COSTAATT located?
- City Campus – Port-of-Spain (Head office)
- South Campus – Sutton Street, San Fernando
- South Learning Centre – Vistabella, San Fernando
- North Learning Centre – Port-of-Spain
- Department of Nursing – POS General Hospital & St. Ann’s Hospital
- Tobago Learning Centre – Scarborough, Tobago
- Trincity Learning Centre – Trincity
Can I get into UWI or a foreign university after completing an Associate Degree at COSTAATT?
COSTAATT graduates matriculate to a growing number of local and foreign tertiary institutions with credit. Some of the more popular ones are:
- Dillard University, Louisiana, USA
- Grambling University, Louisiana, USA
- Medgar Evers College, USA
- Michener Institute, Toronto, Canada
- Monroe College, New York, USA
- School of Business and Computer Science, Trinidad
- St. George’s University, Grenada
- Suffolk County Community College, USA
- Trinity College, University of Oxford, UK
- University of The West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad
- University of the Southern Caribbean, Trinidad
In order to determine the extent of transfer credits, individual applicants must apply to the university of choice for further information.
What happens after I submit my application form?
Shortly after the submission of an application, an acknowledgement letter is sent via mail. An official decision on your application will follow thereafter in writing. This letter advises the applicant whether or not he/she was successful in attaining a place in the programme of choice. Applicants who have not qualified to enter their chosen programme may be referred to Compensatory Programmes and Academic Support Services (COMPASS).
Who is eligible for the Government Assistance for Tuition Expenses (GATE)?
All citizens of Trinidad & Tobago are eligible for GATE. Documentary evidence is necessary as proof of citizenship.
Does COSTAATT have Weekend classes?
The College is open on Saturdays and Sundays, but the scheduling of your classes will depend on the programme in which you have enrolled. This information will be available at the time of registration.
What are the opening hours of the Admissions office?
|Monday to Thursday||7:30am – 5:30 pm|
|Friday||8:00am – 4:00 pm|
Are students required to wear a uniform?
No, but they must be appropriately attired. COSTAATT Branded T-shirts are available for sale at COSTAATT’s College Store; 3rd Floor, City Campus, Tel: 623-4307
|Monday to Thursday||8:00am – 5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00am – 4:00 pm|
Can a student change programmes?
Yes. Students who wish to change programmes BEFORE registration are advised to contact the Admissions Office. Students must notify the Admissions Office in writing, of the desired changes. Students wishing to make changes AFTER registration must seek the approval of the relevant chair of department and complete the required paperwork available from the Registrar’s Office.
How do students gain access to computers and internet services?
Students can access computer laboratories and kiosks through user accounts. These user accounts are created by the IT Department when students present their student IDs. Our technology services also provide students with Self Service Banner and Student Email and soon to be launched My COSTAATT student portal.