THE COSTAATT FOUNDATION
The COSTAATT Foundation has been established to help ensure that the College’s tradition of excellence in higher education is maintained. The Foundation will fully support the College in the high priority it gives to enhancing the quality of the student experience.
The Foundation will be committed to working closely with the Alumni Association to:
- Increase the involvement of graduates with the College; and, ultimately,
- Increase the financial support from graduates and the satisfaction they can derive from their support.
Duties and Authorities of the COSTAATT Foundation
The COSTAATT Foundation will:
- Provide opportunities for people or organizations to support the College through donations,
- Bequests, sponsorships and partnerships, and will be a registered charitable trust
- Operate as a separate, professional entity within COSTAATT that is closely supervised by the College
- Provide, through its independent Board of Directors, the freedom to pursue significant resources to enhance the quality of the College’s operations and to increase educational and training opportunities for students and staff
- Rely on the enthusiasm and goodwill of able people with business connections and community interests to provide oversight of the Foundation and, by applying their skills and using their contacts, to raise funds or secure available resources
- Be managed by an executive officer reporting to the Board of Directors which will include the COSTAATT’s President and Vice President, Institutional Advancement.
Benefits of supporting the COSTAATT Foundation
The Foundation’s Board of Directors, in conjunction with the College, will offer a wide range of benefits to those supporting the Foundation, including:
- Offering naming rights to buildings, fellowships, lectureships, scholarships, centres, areas and facilities of the College to individuals or organizations who make significant contributions to the Foundation
- Publishing (if desired) the names of all contributors, partners and sponsors in the annual report of the Foundation and in other publications as may be appropriate from time to time
- Providing invitations to major college events hosted by Board of Trustees; the President and other senior members of the College to those making bequests, and to other key supporters of the Foundation
- Offering special certificates of appreciation from the College’s Board of Trustees and Executive Leadership to contributors to specified and approved campaigns
- Publishing and circulating reports outlining the activities of the Foundation and progress being made with projects supported by the Foundation
- Providing the opportunity for organizations and businesses that support the Foundation to meet top students for graduate recruitment, joint research projects.
Individual Donor Benefits
For individual donors the benefits are often very personal and intangible:
- The good feeling of having done something significant and valued
- Remembering a loved one through a named association with a special area of interest OR
- Setting a challenge for others to aspire towards.
To make a donation to the COSTAATT Foundation Fund, please contact:
Office of Alumni Relations
Room 509a, Level 5
Bretton Hall Building
9-11 Melville Lane
Port of Spain
Tel: 624-5849 Ext 5554