The College of Science, Technology and Applied Arts of Trinidad and Tobago (COSTAATT, www.costaatt.edu.tt) is one of the largest public tertiary institutions in the country. The College, an accredited tertiary education provider, plays a strategic role in national development by facilitating access to opportunities to post-secondary education for a diverse range of students and contributing to skills development essential for the future of work in Trinidad and Tobago and across the Caribbean. The College is a statutory body with reporting and accountability requirements which are prescribed by law (Act No. 77 of 2000).
As the Chief Executive Officer, the President has direct leadership responsibility for the overall operation, development, and promotion of the College’s mission pursuant to government mandates and the policies of the Board of Trustees. He/She leads a team of academic and administrative professionals operating in a multi-campus environment and coordinates educational programme planning, policy development, fiscal management, human resource development and communication programmes to further the public image of the College and move the institution toward fulfilling its mission and goals.
The role requires sound judgment, an innovative, student-centred approach and commitment to leading the transformative initiatives needed to guide the College into an exciting future. The President plays a pivotal role in developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of external stakeholders including the alumni, the business community, accreditation bodies and other educational institutions to support the College’s growth.
- Lead and articulate organisational transformation efforts, including campus rationalization, to support the College’s navigation through a post-pandemic environment.
- Provide leadership in assessing business and community educational needs and the development of innovative and market-responsive curricula to meet them.
- Lead the development and execution of resource mobilization initiatives required to support diversification of COSTAATT’s financial base.
- Facilitate the establishment of COSTAATT as a centre of excellence in teaching, research and service by 2030.
- Oversee the pivot to online and blended learning systems in response to post Covid-19 education needs, and manage the integration of remote work protocols and procedures into the College’s administration systems.
- Effectively market COSTAATT’s programmes and services beyond the geographical borders of Trinidad and Tobago.
Qualifications and Experience:
- An earned doctorate or terminal degree.
- Over 10 years of work experience in the education sector, inclusive of 5-8 years in a senior management position.
- Administrative experience demonstrating the ability to lead an academic institution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of programme design and development, instruction and assessment for individuals and groups.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply business and management principles involved in strategic planning, budgeting/financial resource allocation, human resources planning, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Leads by example, using the highest levels of academic and personal integrity.
- Creates strategic partnerships with the business community and other local and regional tertiary institutions.
Applicants should also have:
- A broad understanding of the future of work and the role of community colleges in workforce development.
- An appreciation for the role of an international education strategy in boosting innovation and promoting trade and diversification.
- Considerable working experience in leading the development and implementation of information technology solutions in an educational institution.
Please forward a detailed résumé and cover letter (in PDF format) in confidence to:
PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited (PwC) Executive Search
Closing date: 26 June, 2021
All submissions will be acknowledged, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.